Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username
  

Password
  





Search Forums

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 254
» Latest member: Orison
» Forum threads: 4,902
» Forum posts: 14,226

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 410 online users.
» 0 Member(s) | 406 Guest(s)
Applebot, Baidu, Bing, Google

Latest Threads
Amelia Nevado
Forum: Singles
Last Post: Wisteria Waltz
11 hours ago
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6,145
La Pequeña Luz
Forum: Singles
Last Post: Wisteria Waltz
11 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 5,198
Marquis Dawson vs. Chris ...
Forum: SCW Breakdown
Last Post: Chris Lawler
Yesterday, 12:37 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 120
Crystal Zdunich vs. Marie...
Forum: SCW Breakdown
Last Post: The Matt
Yesterday, 09:10 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 120
Rise to Greatness XXIII r...
Forum: Results
Last Post: supremecw
09-27-2026, 10:53 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 35
Update on Rise to Greatne...
Forum: OOC Board
Last Post: Matt Hodges
09-27-2026, 10:14 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 242
2026-27 SCW Schedule
Forum: Announcements
Last Post: supremecw
09-23-2026, 08:53 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 74
Shaun Cruze vs. Gavin Tay...
Forum: SCW Breakdown
Last Post: Kemal Yilmaz
09-20-2026, 10:06 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
The Glimmer Sisters vs. T...
Forum: SCW Breakdown
Last Post: Kemal Yilmaz
09-20-2026, 10:01 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 117
The debut of Orison
Forum: SCW Breakdown
Last Post: Kemal Yilmaz
09-20-2026, 10:00 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 119

 
  Sal Darius vs. Annelise Taylor vs. Dawn Warren
Posted by: Konrad Raab - 08-26-2023, 06:54 AM - Forum: Breakdown || August 31, 2023 - Replies (3)

2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Print this item

  Breakdown Card - August 31, 2023 (minor spoilers)
Posted by: supremecw - 08-26-2023, 01:14 AM - Forum: Breakdown || August 31, 2023 - No Replies

SCW United States Championship
Bree Lancaster vs. Alexis Quinne/Deanna Frost

Asher Hayes vs. Ace Marshall

SCW Television Championship
Kelsai Adamson vs. “The One” Kirsten Scott

“The Rebel Princess” Cassie Wolfe vs. Justin Davis vs. Polly

European Fiery Nation (Dakon Theron & Ludvig Eriksson) vs. Twisted & Sadistic (Glory Braddock & Brittany Lohan)

Sarah Wolf vs. Religious Wright

Sal Darius vs. Annelise Taylor vs. Dawn Warren

What other fallout will there be from Rise to Greatness XX?

2 RP Limit for singles; 4 RP Limit for tag
Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Print this item

  Rise to Greatness Preview - July 23, 2023
Posted by: supremecw - 08-25-2023, 08:06 PM - Forum: Results - No Replies

https://www.supremecw.com/results/ppv/rt...ew2023.htm

Print this item

  Pain
Posted by: Lt. Erect - 08-23-2023, 09:22 PM - Forum: Inactive - No Replies

Ring Attire: Like he was a member of the original Shield.

Wrestler's Alias: Pain
Wrestler's Real Name:
Pic Base: Darby Allin
Height: 5'9
Weight: 175 pounds
Birthdate: January 12th, 2003
Birth Place: Riverside, California
Current Residence: You don't want to know
Manager: James Evans

Physical Description: Very toned up. Definition is apparent. Never in the arena without his face painted up. The side of his face always focused on this is covered in scars.


WRESTLING INFORMATION
-------------------------------------------------
Wrestling Style: Striker/Hardcore

Alignment: Very Heel
Years Pro: Two
Finishers:

- Retribution
Description - Manami Toyota’s Victory Star Drop/Can be done off the top rope or on the mat.




- Omega Driver
Description The omega driver/Awful waffle

Signature Moves:
- Death Valley Driver
- Diving Headbutt
- Falcon Arrow
- Fireman Carry Slam
- Poisoned Hurricanrana/Reverse Hurricanrana
- Suicide Dive

Common Moves:
- Arm wrench followed with a flip straight into the corner
- As a striker, pretty much anything that he can do with his fists or his arms
- Digging his nails and clawing/running them down someone's face
- Dragging someone by their hair along the ground to the corner, usually to set up for mudhole stomping
- Fireman carry slam into a full nelson/face gouging
- Head scissor takedown
- Mounted punching while pulling someone's hair as hard as he can
- Picking someone up with a double leg takedown before running them/spearing them into the corner
- Running kick to the face of someone trying to crawl up
- Running someone's face along the top rope
- Repeated shoulder thrusts into the mid section
- Slamming people face first into the corner outside of the ring
- Slamming people into the stairs
- Strangling

- Anything involving thumb tacks
- Bowling ball to the testicles
- Brass knuckle shots to the jaw/temple
- Chairshots to the face and spine
- Powerbomb through a table
- Running ladder shot to the face
- Setting stuff on fire before trying to hit people with it
- Swinging neckbreaker with a chair around the person's neck
- Taser to the heart
- Using someone's face as a cheese grater over broken glass
- Water boarding

Strengths: Pretty resilent. Fast on his feet. Really likes hurting people. Does not care about how he wins, if he wins.

Weaknesses: Not always prioritizing a win. Extremely insecure/easily struck with anxiety. Very serious about keeping his face covered. Suffers from PTSD. May be less focused depending on his opponent/his view of them.

Theme Song: "Coma Black" by Marilyn Manson---> Click Me <---

Entrance:

"A loved one laid his head in her lap
Red roses fell to the floor
And the world stood still"

The lights cut off as "Coma Black" by Marilyn Manson begins to play throughout the arena. The main screen flashes with blurred bizarre images. Pain emerges from behind the curtains wearing a hood over his head. James Evans steps out behind him immediately garnering a ton of heat from the crowd. Pain ignores the crowd completely as he makes his way directly to the ring, only slowing to match James' pace as he looks amongst the faces in the front row.

Phillips: "Introducing next, being accompanied to the ring by James Evans, hailing from parts unknown, Pain!"

He waits at the steps as James scales them first before crossing the ropes into the ring. He waits patiently before James motions for him to step forward with one hand. He quickly scales the ropes and enters the ring the same way as James did before tearing off the hood and placing it into one of his many pockets. Clutching his hands into fists he appears to be taking deep breathes before calming himself as he peers over to the closest camera, staring dead center into it. James steps over and places a hand on his shoulder before briefly speaking to him about the match about to take place.

Print this item

  Fantasy Hockey Interest
Posted by: Kirsten Scott - 08-11-2023, 02:21 AM - Forum: OOC Board - Replies (1)

Alright after several years off, it's time we bring my fantasy hockey league back. I've had a lot of personal issues and forgot to renew it, so it's time to start anew. If there is interest from anyone who is a hockey fan, let me know in this threat or PM me your yahoo fantasy email, otherwise, I know Olek and Kayl will be in because, well... Yeah they're Canadian and LOOOOOOOVE THEM LEAFS... Especially our fearless leader Mr. D. He, in fact loves when you talk to him about said Maple Leafs, and how much better they are than the Habs will ever be. So please, engage him if you're a hockey fan!

If you'd like to do fantasy hockey, let me know here.

Also if we want to an SCW fantasy football league, we can set that up as well, but let's make that a separate thread if people want to make it happen.

Print this item

  Rise to Greatness Preshow - July 22, 2023
Posted by: supremecw - 08-07-2023, 12:42 AM - Forum: Results - No Replies

https://www.supremecw.com/results/ppv/rt...ow2023.htm

Print this item

  Secret, secret, I've got a secret
Posted by: Damian Marshall - 07-27-2023, 02:48 AM - Forum: Character Development - No Replies

Some things are better left unseen, yes?

Print this item

  LOST TAPE: RTG 2023 Promo
Posted by: Alexis Quinne - 07-24-2023, 04:28 PM - Forum: Character Development - No Replies

[INSERT]

[VOYAGERS]

[END INSERT]


[Camera pans open. Alexis Quinne sits on the banister inside the Cineplex Odeon Morningside theater in Toronto. The silver screen behind her is paused of an image of the first VOYAGERS mini documentary: JeT Set Takeover. Alexis sports a red and black "VOYAGERS' tanktop with black and silver leggings and an all black "VOYAGERS' cap.]

Alexis: Visions of Christy Matthews staring at me.

David Helms and Tommy Valentine put a hexx on my future and it still remains to this day.

Rise to Greatness. I made it another year.

[She claps her hands together.]

Alexis: Get into it!

Another year. This is the biggest show, you know? This isn't for the faint of heart. To get to here? Everyone has to have some bruises that they're carrying. Survivor's guilt for knowing you're living the dreams of wrestlers, past, present and future, who sacrificed only to never to this point. The pain knowing all the time spent on wrestling over time with your family; kids, whatever. This is for the best of the best.

Everyone works hard once you get to this level. Most of the people here was the champion in their city. Local heroes. Right? There's thousands of people who have wrestled in a SCW ring. As long as this company lives, they'll be more. But only a select few get here.

This is for the best of the best and I am one the best.

[Alexis directs her right pointer finger to her chest]

Alexis: I surprise myself. Because I kept saying, throughout this entire season, I'm not where I want to be. I'm not wrestling with the consistency that I expect out of myself. I thought there, you know, was a real chance I wouldn't be on the main show. If I was in charge, to my standards, I don't know if I would be wrestling tomorrow night.

But here I am.

[Alexis removes her cap a bit, running a hand through her hair, before putting it back on.]

In the US tourney, Bree wondered my motivation and whether or not winning a title would validate me. Fast forward, tomorrow night, Deanna you could beat me. Do what I couldn't do and our thing becomes for the US title. What Bree didn't get is that my validation comes from me. That's where it comes from. The goal I set for myself this year didn't come because I was comparing to what others do. Like what Deanna does, which, you know, makes sense when your wife is one of the best ever.

My validation comes from myself.

The vision of Christy Matthews talks to me before every match; "you wanted to follow me? You wanted to be a pro wrestler? This is what it is. Are you up for it? Are you going to go after it?" I' confident no one watches more wrestling in this company than me. I wear my influences on my sleeve. Christy Matthews. Alexander Grayson and Sharon [Rose]. GG Wrestling Academy. Bay Area. Big Papi. Mexico. PR. Puroresu. Rudo and all the cradles in my arsenal.

All these influences. And yet, no one ever compares me to anyone because there is no comparison to me. So it may not make sense to Bree as to why I'm so hard on myself. It may not make sense to all of you fans out there or SCW management, who would say I have nothing to prove. My goals wasn't meant to please people. It was for me.

And tomorrow night has to be for you, Deanna. Because that's what you do. it's always comparison coming out of your mouth. I'm not Selena. I'm not Adam. I'm not Kandis. I'm aware you're not them. I'm aware. Fully aware.

[Alexis jumps off the banister.]

Alexis: But what about you? Who are you? Huh? Who are you? There's a lot of talk about what you've done. How hard you've struggled and fought. That's the thing. Everyone struggled. Everyone fought to get to this point. You don't get to SCW without struggling and fighting. Ask Bree what it was like for the whole world to focus on her at her lowest points. Like..like she was on the Truman Show.

Everyone has their reasons for being here.

I don't want to hear this plucky underdog stuff. You can't be a lucky underdog when you win Rookie of the Year. When you've been one half of the Tag Team Champions. When you've won the Underground title. I couldn't beat Kimberly Williams in the Underground. You did.

Sounds like an identity crisis to me.

Probably why you haven't cornered the market for what I think. Probably why you have these cute names for when you speak to the people. Guard Tower and whatever, right? Like..like you're Kamala Harris or whatever. Or..or like Queen Elizabeth reincarnated. The SCW Universe. What does that mean? What does it mean? It's all impersonal. Sitting in your little Ivory tower right? I told your wife put down the pen for once and show me your face. Show me something real! Christy Matthews didn't write any damn letters. Ravyn did. And you wonder why Christy was the one that I gravitated to over Ravyn. CHBK didn't write any damn letters. Rachel Foxx didn't write any letters.

You can write, scribble and re do the lines. It's only one take with the camera. You can rehearse your lines. Get your catchphrases in, right? Checkmate right Deanna? But...when you put your face behind something, you can't lie. The eyes don't lie.

[Alexis' hands move while she talks.]

Alexis: And when you're out there in front of the fans, in front of the people, you eventually can't lie to them!

[Her nostrils flare up as she leans her body forward; eyes darting to the camera. She fervently points to the camera.]

Alexis: Maybe I'm the bitch here for trashing on your reasons to wrestle Deanna. Maybe. But then again Deanna, with you, with Selena, more and more these crowds are seeing the same way right?

[Alexis tightens her face.]

Alexis: The wrestling fans know what is real and what isn't. And there is nowhere to run. Nowhere to hide. You can't lie to the people because the people know what's up. They're smarter than you think. There's aren't many groups of fandoms, this is me personally, that are smarter than wrestling fans. We're here in Canada, right? There aren't many continues that are loaded in wrestling history than Canada. This company was created here.

I was just down the road at Delta [Bingo and Gaming] right? And for a few hours, I saw the future. You know I saw a lot of 18, 19, 20 year olds in basketball shorts, hockey jerseys. I saw someone wrestle with cargo pants, cowboy boots and a wife beater. Called himself the Queen Street Hillbilly. If you're listening to this now, much love to you. Shout out. Lots of sloppiness and lots of people trying to do moves that they can't quite do yet. Sloppy work. And I loved every minute. It felt real to me. I could feel their dedication. I could see the sweat dripping from their brow. I could hear the joy of winning and the agony of defeat. We're so quick to forget that, for most of us, that was us. That was me. Being fed to the sharks and learning how to swim.

But then again, Deanna, you didn't have to go through the grind to get to SCW.

[Alexis brushes off her tanktop.]

Alexis: Maybe that's the disconnect. Maybe that's why you want to keep the underdog image in your letters despite the fact that time and time again, you've proven you're as good as anyone here in SCW. What you say doesn't match reality. This business wasn't built on letters and what not. It was built on the hustle and determination of those guys at Delta yesterday, just fighting to improve; just fighting for to get noticed. When the whole locker room trashing story happened, I was the one that put my name on the source. There was no end around. No second hand info. They came to the horse and they got it out of the horse's mouth. I'm not ashamed to show everyone what pro wrestling does to me. I am not ashamed to show my anger when i lose or look like a dumbass for having goals for myself.

I would love for Sunday to be for the US title. Would love for you to beat Bree and to have a chance to win a belt. But whether or not you do, it won't change how I'm coming to the ring on Sunday. I can't have David Helms screaming at me for cheating the game and going half assed if you lose. I will enter the Rogers Centre, tomorrow, with the clothes on my back and my reasons in here.

[Alexis points to chest.]

Alexis: I can't control what I can't control. But what I can do is what I will do. This night is for the best of the best. Title or no title, Alexis Quinne, once again, at large

[FIN]

Print this item

  Dawn Warren - "The Pink Puppy"
Posted by: Crystal - 07-24-2023, 06:01 AM - Forum: Inactive - No Replies

-----------------------------------
PERSONAL INFORMATION
-----------------------------------

Wrestler's Alias: "The Pink Puppy" Dawn Warren
Wrestler's Real Name: Dawn Warren
Twitter Handle (if applicable): @bookwormdawn
Pic Base: Zelina Vega with blonde or purple hair, or pink
Height: 5'1
Weight: 103 lbs
Birthdate: July 4th, 1997
Birth Place: Long Island, New York
Current Residence: Los Angeles, California

Physical Description:


WRESTLING INFORMATION
-------------------------------------------------
Wrestling Style:
Alignment (Face/Tweener/Heel): Super Face
Years Pro: 3 years
Theme Song: Ain’t It Fun by Paramore

Finishers: Think Pink (Sunset Flip Powerbomb pin)

Puppy Power: (Primary) (Banana Split Submission) With opponent on their knees, Dawn wraps her legs around one of the opponent’s legs. She wraps her arms around the other leg, and rolls onto her back. Once Dawn is on her back she spreads pulls her arms in one direction and pushes her legs in another forcing the opponent to go into a split. She keeps applying more and more pressure until her opponent gives up.

Faster Than A Speeding Bullet (The Pink Puppy grabs her opponents arm and she jumps off the ropes flipping over them with a springboard arm drag, on the way down moves herself in the air to take them down with a bulldog driving their head on the mat. She follows up by grabbing an arm and pulling on it tightly in a fujiwara armbar submission) (Springboard arm drag to bulldog, to armbar submission combo)

Finishers Descriptions (If Needed):
Signature Moves:

With Great Power - Tilt-A-Whirl DDT

Comes Great Responsibility - Handspring backflip splash on prone opponent (Usually after With Great Power)

Dusk to Dawn - Missile dropkick from top rope to seated corner opponent in adjacent turnbuckle.
Signature Moves Descriptions (If Needed):

Common Moves:Step up Enziguri
Snapmare Running Dropkick.
Flying Crossbody
Tilt A Whirl Headscissors
Diving Hurricarana
Tornado DDT
Victory Roll
Sunset Flip off the middle turnbuckle
Running Savate kick
Several Arm drag variations

Strengths: Great Technician, Surprises with great offense. High energy and spirit.

Weaknesses:Her attitude. Opponent can easily get in her head. She get’s too easily distracted. A rookie so she is prone to make mistakes.


Entrance: Ain’t it Fun by Paramore begins to blast across the speakers. As it does Dawn makes her way out from behind the curtains smirking. She claps the hands of the roaring fans before sliding into the ring.

Biography: Dawn is a book worm. Most of her life was spent reading a book of some sorts. Whether it was high school textbooks or comic books. Dawn spent a lot of time reading. She was an advanced classes student, and was often noted for handing in papers and homework way ahead of schedule. Teacher’s pet would definitely be a great word for her, and her hard work allowed her to be named top of her class. However despite being great academically something caught Dawn’s attention. Wrestling. Watching her sister in laws in Cindy and Kate wrestle she knew she wanted to do the same also.

Big things in small packages. Idolizes Scrappy Doo

Sample RP (optional):


HANDLER'S INFORMATION
-------------------------------------------------
Handler's First Name:
Email:

Discord:
Other:

Print this item

  Aftermath
Posted by: Wisteria Waltz - 07-23-2023, 08:42 PM - Forum: Character Development - No Replies

OOC: So, this is the aftermath of my Luz CD from her last match against Deanna, Kim and Allocco two BDs ago. I unfortunately had to cut it because of the word limit, so I took the opportunity to expand upon it without a word limit to worry about so that I could give as much context as I could. It's not being posted as part of my RtG RP because it doesn't tie in at all with what I wrote, but I'm posting it anyway for the sake of the story and so there's no missing context for when my RtG piece is posted.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As intoxicating as it was basking in the cheers of the fans, especially after she'd successfully defended her mask for the first time in her career and managed to pull off her gambit to strike a critical blow to The Empire, Luz had a feeling this night wasn't over quite yet.

It was somewhat out of her hands at this point, but she had faith that the last piece of her plan would come to fruition.

Luz, Amelia and Valentina had started making their way up the ramp, the latter getting a lot of help from the couple in endearing her to the fans and making it clear they held no ill will towards her for a situation she was forced into. Seeing all the people who had been showering her with hatred for so long under the belief that she was one of their heroes having turned her back on everything she stood for actually giving her a chance now that she wasn't trapped beneath the facade anymore... she hadn't been very enthusiastic about getting involved with wrestling at all, especially pretending to be someone else, but Caleb had given her no choice in the matter. She was only a tool to him to get to someone else, nothing more. Just another person who didn't give a damn about her.

This, however... Luz's genuine kindness even when she had every right to hate her, the fans actually cheering her on for a great match and no longer having to pretend to be La Pequeña Luz... Valentina finally understood why this was so special to the woman she'd been made to impersonate, what she sought to gain from being a part of this.

Before they stepped through the curtain, however, Valentina snapped out of her thoughts and froze, causing Luz and Amelia to stop and turn to look at her. She hadn't forgotten what was likely waiting for her on the other side, out of the eyes of the public that would crucify Caleb White for whatever he was about to do to her for her failures. The couple seemed to pick up on this as they tuned out the live fans who were still buzzing about the show they'd just witnessed and each took one of her hands, drawing her attention to them.

“You're safe, Valentina,” Amelia reassured her. “He can't hurt you anymore.”

“How... how can you be so sure?” Valentina asked, a clear tremble in her voice.

“There's still one last phase to my little plan,” Luz told her with that signature grin of hers. “I swear to you, on this mask I just defended down in that ring, that we're cutting your strings permanently tonight and setting you free.”

The way she said it as though it were an undisputed fact resonated deeply with Valentina in a way that nothing else ever had before. Luz truly was like no one she had ever met before, and thus far it seemed like everything had been a carefully orchestrated scheme of hers that was paying off. From what she'd been told by Caleb constantly, Amelia was the planner of the couple since Luz supposedly was far too impulsive and impatient to put together a well thought out plan, but she could see now just how wrong her current guardian had been all along. Luz was far more brilliant than the prideful man had accounted for, and while this scheme felt way more convoluted than it really needed to be, she could see how much character that gave it and how much it was designed to bait the pride of everyone who'd been speaking on her behalf for months now.

That realization filled her with hope, and despite how much her trust had been broken by so many over the years, something about Luz made it impossible to not put her trust in this crazy plan of hers.

With a nod from Valentina that signified she was ready, the three of them stepped through the curtain, away from the eyes of the fans and into the backstage area. They passed by some of the workers who acknowledged them as they passed, some praising Luz on a job well done in defending her mask and even giving Valentina looks that implied they knew more than she thought they might. Despite that, it felt too peaceful for any of them to truly feel comfortable.

“I bet you feel pretty proud of yourselves, don't you?”

In an instant, that feeling of peace evaporated as the three of them found Caleb approaching them, clearly trying to keep his anger restrained so he could perhaps convince himself more than anybody else that he still had full control of this situation even in the face of a major setback.

“I just defended my mask and my name in what I'd consider the biggest win of my life thus far,” Luz responded. “I think I've earned the right to feel proud of myself.”

“A minor victory at best,” Caleb told her.

“Considering you lost your Luz doppelganger,” Amelia cut in, “and now the whole world knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that whatever you and my parents said about me and Henry being engaged is just another lie, I'd say this is far more than just a 'minor victory' for us tonight.”

“Oh dear girl,” Caleb said in that calm, condescending tone that grated on both Amelia and Luz's nerves, “all you've done tonight is delay the inevitable. My end goal of having The Empire save the wrestling business from the travesty it has become hasn't been affected by tonight's events, nor has my desire to save the two of you from this corruption you find yourselves consumed by. Rest assured, however, that you will find your place within my Empire in due time, and you'll come to understand what I mean.”

Amelia and Luz wanted to vomit after hearing just how much this man sounds like he truly believes in his own delusions, and Valentina was right there with them. Still, they held firm, not wanting to let their guards down just in case he did want to try something at this moment in time. The fact that the rest of his goons were nowhere to be found only kept them on high alert.

“Now then,” Caleb continued, holding out his hand toward Valentina, “it's time for us to go, my child. We need to discuss how you have failed me tonight and-”

“No.”

Caleb's face took on a more grim look as Valentina firmly responded to him, and Amelia and Luz were quick to make sure they stood between the two as a precaution.

“I'm sorry, I don't believe I heard you,” Caleb stated, his tone growing more dangerous. “I told you that we're leaving-”

“And I told you that I'm not going with you, not anymore,” Valentina fired back. “I knew something was off about you the moment you adopted me, and I wasn't surprised when the orphanage just gave me away to you because they were shady themselves from the get-go. You've put me through hell... and for what? All so I could pretend to be someone else? That's all I ever was to you, just a substitute for someone else in your sick, twisted little power fantasy where you're some sort of savior when in reality you're nothing more than a monster!”

Caleb's eye visibly twitched at that, and the girls could all see just how deep that seemed to cut for him, but he quickly managed to regain his composure, though when he spoke again they could tell that composure felt like it was barely being held together by duct tape at this point.

“And you think you can trust them more than me?” he asked Valentina. “I took you in off the streets, gave you the best home a child could have, made sure you had everything you could ever want, and all I asked in return was your assistance in this one little task... and yet I was apparently asking too much of you for your end of the deal. They have hated you for months and saw you as nothing but a problem since the moment they saw you trying to purify Luz's tarnished name and identity. They lead sinful lives and are willingly contributing to the self-destruction of the few things in this world that still hold hope for the human race, and you believe that's trustworthy?”

“At least they're honest with who they are,” Valentina replied.

They could all see that Caleb was fuming, the older man struggling to keep any bit of composure he may have still had. They slowly started to back away as a precaution, looking around for any Empire members who could be waiting in the wings to jump them at his command.

“Need I remind you,” Caleb spoke after a moment, the strain in his voice to maintain a calm tone very noticeable, “that you are legally my child? You may be an adult, but that doesn't mean you can refuse to return to the home I have given you. This little rebellious spark doesn't hold as much power as you think it does.”

“Funny how you mention legalities and the power they hold, Señor White.”

All eyes turned to the adjacent hallway, and Luz couldn't resist grinning from ear to ear when she saw her mother standing there, flanked by a trio of men who clearly looked like they were either law enforcement or government officials. The composed facade Caleb had been struggling to maintain slipped just a little further at this sight, but the proverbial mask hadn't fallen quite yet.

“Mr. White,” one of the men addressed him. “Dr. Nevado here has brought to our attention some rather disturbing allegations regarding your treatment of a young woman you adopted some time ago. Between some of the things we just overheard and the knowledge that the orphanage you adopted her from has been under investigation for some time now regarding the treatment of the children in their care, we'd like to ask you some questions.”

Caleb glared at them before turning his glare to the three young women who had clearly dealt him a much more significant blow than he wanted to admit here tonight.

“You can have her,” Caleb finally growled as he turned to start walking away. “She's worthless to me now anyways.”

“Hold it!” one of the other men shouted, but Caleb ignored them and just kept walking. The trio of officials moved to block his path, but this was the point where a few members of The Empire seemed to pop out of nowhere, creating a blockade that allowed the old man to continue walking away, pausing only to glare at the girls one last time before he disappeared around a corner. They watched as the Empire members were subdued for interfering in official police and government business before one of the men resumed chasing after Caleb, but at this point they could all breathe a sigh of relief.

“How...?” Valentina couldn't help but ask as Camila moved to stand beside her daughter.

“Mamá is a doctor, and a pretty well-respected one at that,” Luz replied.

“I've gained some pretty powerful connections through that alone,” Camila added, “especially since this isn't the first time I've had to reach out to someone for help because someone was clearly in danger. You have my word that you are well and truly safe now cariño, and any right that man has to calling himself your guardian is going to be taken from him.”

“I...” Valentina felt overwhelmed by just how much these people had gone out of their way to show her more care than she'd ever felt in her entire life. “Thank you... so much... this means more to me than you'll ever know, but... what will I do now? As much of a bastard as he was, Caleb still gave me a home...”

“Which is why I'm willing to offer my home to you,” Camila replied, causing Valentina's eyes to widen.

“But... I...” she stammered.

“When I called you 'mi hermana' out there in the closing moments of that match, I meant it,” Luz told her. “I know it's kind of funky to think of you as a sister since you've been forced to be my twin for so long now, but I'd truly love to see you as that and bond with you if you're comfortable with that.”

“Plus, since my little girl's already moved out and is living with her girlfriend, I wouldn't mind welcoming you into my home with open arms and treating you as another daughter,” Camila added. “Again, only if you're comfortable with that, since I know you've been through so much already.”

Amelia looked stunned for a moment at Luz's mom referring to her as “her daughter's girlfriend” with so much more care than she'd ever shown before, a sure sign to her that Luz and her mom's relationship truly had improved and maybe she could have one of her own with Dr. Nevado as well as her potential future mother-in-law if everything went the way she wanted it to in the coming weeks. With that in mind, she turned to offer her own sincere smile to Valentina.

“You deserve to be able to choose who you want to be your family Valentina,” she told her, “and we all want to make it clear that we're here for you to help you heal from everything, no matter what form that takes.”

Valentina became teary-eyed, overwhelmed by all of this, and it didn't surprise the others when she threw herself at them and they all embraced her in a big group hug. After a few moments, Amelia did try to pull away to let the new version of the Nevado family have this moment, but Camila firmly kept her in the hug and gave her a look that spoke volumes about how much she was willing to fill the role of a proper mother figure in Amelia's life as much as she was going to for Valentina now, and she found herself fighting back tears of joy in her own right.

“Thank you... all of you...” Valentina quietly told her new found family, willing to give this whole thing one more shot with people she knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that she could actually trust this time.

Print this item