Is there such a thing as a heel anymore?
(06-02-2021, 09:11 AM)Syren Wrote: While I've been thinking about the future of my characters I've come to ask myself a simple question: in today's age, is there such a thing as a "good guy" and a "bad guy" anymore? Does "heel" and "face" really apply in today's world?

I have asked myself this same question from time to time. It is fair to say a lot of us grew up watching wrestling in the late 80's, early 90s when faces and heels were a bit more defined. The Attitude Era introduced us to shades of gray. Over the past decade, maybe the past five years ago its hard to tell what is a "face" and "heel" anymore. Some people do play is straight with letting you know there is no grey era. For the most part I do see characters as characters. Someone has their goals, motives, and means of going about things. I joke around with people that SCW has become Game of Thrones, at times, I don't exactly know who to cheer for. They are just characters doing what they are designed to do.

I do feel the D & D model makes things similar. Makes things more realistic as opposed to saying a character is face or heel, what does those terms even mean anymore. Face is a good guy, heel is a bad guy, then it comes down to us agreeing to what a good or bad guy is. Some examples are obvious. The grey area comes into play. D & D alignment scale you know this person is chaotic good, neutral, whatever. There's the box.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there such a thing as a heel anymore? - by BME - 06-02-2021, 04:20 PM