Selena Frost vs. Cid Turner
OOC: In two parts due to length

Project: Black Ice

”Turning A Blind Eye…”

Hochwildschutzpark Hunsrück,
Hochwildschutzpark 1, 55494 Rheinböllen, Germany
June 5th, 2021
1:29pm

Selena winced a little as she took another step along the trail, feeling the change in surface from concrete to dirt as the paths diverged and changed. She did her best to conceal her discomfort – it wasn’t extreme or anything, just a little muscle soreness…

Okay, maybe quite a bit muscle soreness… she mentally chastised herself.

She knew that it was her own fault. She hadn’t hurt herself at work or at the hands of some cheap jerk like Asher Hayes or Holly Adams this time, though those two had certainly gotten their fair share of shots in – Cid, too, actually. Her current discomfort were her own choices and issues, meaning she could only blame herself.

The Snow Queen silently shook her head at that. Three episodes of Breakdown had gone by since she had been named the number contender for the World title. Three television weeks, as it were… and every, single week, she had ended up on the receiving end of A/C Blondetourage Unit’s tricks and attacks. Whether it was getting beaten down with a fake championship belt, having her wife being attacked, coming up short in an impromptu tag match, or being beaten down with the real championship belt (which actually, if Selena’s memory was accurate, hurt a bit more than the fake one Asher and Holly had pelted her with), she had failed to gain any foothold against Asher, Holly, or more importantly, Cid. Failed to make any headway in her claim as a threat for the world title – and she was supposed to be the number one contender!

She found herself contemplating further as she sat on a nearby bench, feeling her legs almost sing with relief as her weight was supported on the thick, sturdy lumber. Before her eyes, she saw the hills and trees and forest and fences that made up the area, hectares of land with far away fences… She gave a mild scan of her surroundings as she took a deep breath, letting the cool wind fill her lungs (something she was grateful for in the warm spring).

Her reality had been so set – Asher had been right last week. She had failed over and over again. The truth, to her, was that she had been obsessed the last few weeks. She had been handed the world title, no different than Cid had by winning the Tag League and using that to piggyback off Asher Hayes’ title shot for the world title at Retribution.

It had been her goal to go after the world title with her wife, Deanna, by her side, that was true. But the plan was for her to earn her way through the ranks and conquer the division as she had in 2016 when she had defeated the likes of Christy Matthews, Ravyn Taylor, Kennedy Street and Kelcey Wallace before finally winning the World title against Alexis Quinne. She had wanted to do what Syren seemed to be too afraid to do with all her ‘special contracts’ she had thrown around SCW for months. But, much like those contracts, Mr. D. had stepped in and thrown all those plans away, naming her the number one contender after defeating Syren at “Careful What You Wish For”.

Not that Selena wasn’t proud of that match. She was. In all her years of being in SCW, she had, really, only faced Syren twice in one-on-one action. Once was a house show that involved the first Best of the Best Tournament Seattle finals, which she lost, and the other was an episode of Breakdown the year after, where she won, but only because of the chaos at ringside that had lead to confusion and Selena, somehow, coming out on top.

Their match a month or so ago had been validation for Selena. Not that she deserved to get a world title shot from it, but it was proof that she was on the right track for it. With Deanna by her side, encouraging her and keeping things as fair as possible, Selena had been able to beat Syren – the supposed ‘best’ of all SCW. The ‘standard bearer’ as Syren liked to call herself.

The win wasn’t supposed to have such big world title conditions - that wasn’t what Selena had been fighting for then. She had wanted to show Syren and the world – the platinum-blonde sighed as she thought about this – that everything about SCW wasn’t bad…

She hated thinking about that, but it was true.

The place she loved – the business she loved – the SCW Universe had started expecting certain outcomes. It had devolved from “Being the best with the skill and passion” to “having people at ringside who get involved and hand you victory”. She had lost track at how many matches, how many people, relied on that tactic. All of Infamous, for sure, the A/C Blondetourage Unit, whatever Minerva and her group were calling themselves- to the point where it seemed like ‘tainted victories’ had become the norm in SCW.

All Selena had wanted to do was be someone that didn’t need that. To show that SCW could still be about Supreme Championship Wrestling – about being the best wrestler in the world, the thing that so many people ‘promised to be’ and most of them inevitably fell on those cheap tactics to ‘prove it’. The calibre that had made SCW famous and running strong for nearly two decades… she wanted to show that it was still alive! That’s what her match with Syren had been about… hope.

The young woman almost cried at that one thought and the word attached at the end of it. Hope… How long had it been since she had seen that in SCW? Hope in the eyes of the SCW Universe. Hope in the fans for something special. For matches that didn’t break down into chaos or cheap tricks or blind beatdowns or ambushes?

Quietly, the number one contender rested her elbows over her knees, her sapphire eyes taking in the bright yellow shirt she and the multi-colored, floral leggings she wore as she did so. When David Helms had won the championship last Rise to Greatness, that was the last time she had seen that hope. For about two months, it had seemed to come back. But then David had gotten injured and things were back to the supposed ‘standard’.

Back to managers nailing champions with titles to cost them said titles.
Back to groups coming out to the ring and using their numbers to win.
Back to lies and drama that did nothing to discredit SCW and all it was…
For a moment, Selena’s mind raced. Had Syren been right all along? Was she simply fooling herself? What if – rather than trying to change all of SCW – Selena was simply always going to be the minority of it? One of the few people that DIDN’T rely on cheap shots and tricks and using drama to get ahead. One of the few people in the federation that WANTED to earn every opportunity, victory, or title cleanly? Because if Owen Cruze, a young boy that had shocked the world and been so honorable like his father… if he had given up and simply accepted the ‘standard’ Syren preached after only a couple of years here… if David Helms, the shining beacon of hope had given it everything he had, only to become more and more worn out after one year…and then was allowed to happen to him at the hands of Kandis…

Am I fooling myself? After all this years..

Her eyes scanned around the area again, but she knew it was hopeless. She didn’t have a gym to run off to this time around. There was nothing she could safely use to drown out the voice in her head that had grown louder with each week she had failed against Cid, Asher and Holly…

That was the failure that was haunting her. She had wanted to prove her worth as the number one contender. Prove that she was ready to fight for the World title. The boss, Mr. D., may have shot her through the ranks with that win over Syren, but Selena had wanted nothing more than to prove she could handle it – and she hadn’t. Every step, she had been outsmarted or outwrestled or just beaten down. To the point where neither Holly, Asher, and, if last week had been any indication, Cid were taking her seriously beyond their moronic one-line jokes.

Krrrrtttt….

The sound caused Selena’s head to lift a little, immediately meeting the dark orbs of the creature that was a solid ten feet away from her. She took in its dark fur, matted with tufts of gray and white as well, and its tiny paws and bushy, medium-length tail. For a moment, she was stunned to see a raccoon here in Germany, but quickly, her rationale mind kicked in. She had seen such creatures before in her years spent here. It wasn’t new. Just her brain forgetting and jumping back to ‘living in the U.S’ as it were.

“Hi…” she whispered, waving at the creature slowly, trying not to frighten it away. The raccoon did not move, keeping its eyes fixated on Selena. “Taking some time to think?” she offered, not really expecting an answer or response. “Yeah, me too…”

“Work’s been a pain.” She continued. “I thought I could do the right thing for someone, help him out and all that because I thought he meant well, and it all just blew up in my face.” She sighed. There was no other way to put it. She had stormed into Cid’s changeroom to show him the ugly truth: How Asher Hayes was using him to make up for his own failure to capture the World title. How Asher was disrespecting the title that so many people had fought their own careers for…

But, as seemed to be the norm as of late, Holly and Asher had been a step ahead and Cid? He had simply refused to listen to reason. Nothing she had said had gotten through to him – and she had suffered ANOTHER title belt to the face for her efforts.

“Now?” She released another sigh of breath, her eyes back on the furry fellow, who was playing with his paws. “No, I don’t know if I’m ready. I don’t know if I can do this. Hell, what if I can’t? Is this all the push I get if I fail? And if I do, do I just get tossed back to square one and ignored by them for another four years, regardless of who I beat?”

The furry creature gave no sense of understanding or comfort of advice, merely scurrying away at top speeds as it heard a ‘bark’ from nearby. “Good talk.” Selena called out just as the large furball of white was on her, resting its large head in her lap, clearly desiring attention from her in that moment.

“Hi, Obi.” Selena smiled sadly, reaching up to scratch between the pure-white Siberian husky’s ears, earning his contentment. “Did you have to interrupt my conversation with Mr. Raccoon over there?”

Her pet dog, Oberon, merely gave a slight, high-pitched hum of unawares.

“What?” Selena asked. “Haven’t you watched any Disney movies? Aurora talked to animals, Belle talked to enchanted objects, Snow White spoke with animals, Tarzan spoke with apes – I could go on, you know, but I just realized how much like my co-workers I sound, talking about that...”

Oberon gave a whine as Selena switched from scratching his ears to rubbing his neck with her hand.

“Oh ouch.” She laughed a little. “Language, Obi… the kids are here, you know.”

After a few more pets, Oberon scampered off, Selena noticing the leash that was still fastened around his neck. The implication coming to her, she turned her head to see the redhead smiling at her, arms crossed gently, the plastic handle of the leash in one hand. She had chosen more earthly colors for her attire compared to Selena, wearing an earth-green shirt and brown pants with no design. Her red hair was in a sort of mermaid-style braid – a pang of jealousy hit Selena as she wished she could still get her hair to do that again.

“How much of me talking to myself did you hear?” Selena asked, pushing herself to her feet with a quiet wince, her leg muscles still sore even with her rest.
“Well, I didn’t hear you talking to the racoon.” Deanna shrugged. “But Obi must have…”
“Yeah.” Selena gazed past the redhead, watching their dog run to and fro on the pathways, his leash keeping him from any of the parts separating the walkers from the enclosures.

“Sorry.” Selena added, taking the few steps necessary to join her wife. “I just needed a minute to rest my legs.”

The amused expression on Deanna’s face faded to one of concern. “Were you working out this morning?” she asked.

“Y-yeah…” Selena stammered, looking away with an expression of guilt. “Just a light run and a bit of kicking the bag-“

“Selena…” the younger Frost wife sighed. “Don’t you think I know what that means?” Emerald eyes glared right through the deflection Selena’s words had tried to create. “’A light run’ for you is an hour – like six or seven miles. And ‘a bit of kicking the bag’ is you blasting it as hard as you can for almost as long –“ her eyes drifted down the leggings Selena wore. “Until it hurts…” her voice dropped to a quieter tone at that last part.

“Yeah…but, I mean-“ her small pale hands found the hem of her yellow shirt, tugging it down as if she could cover her entire legs with so little fabric. Last thing she wanted was for Deanna to see the bruises she had on her shins and feet from so many kicks…

“Selena…” Deanna’s free hand was out, wrapping its fingers around Selena’s hand. “Do you think I didn’t hear you leave our room last night to workout as well?”

Selena’s eyes went wide, her mouth hanging open a little. “I…but you didn’t wake up or-“
“I did.” Deanna smiled a tired smile. “I definitely know the difference between sleeping without you and sleeping with you- whether I’m in your arms or you’re in mine.” She whispered the last part, moving her hand up to cup her wife’s cheek. “I couldn’t sleep till you got back… three hours later.”

“I’m…I’m sorry…” Selena tried, the guilt clear in her expression. “I just…” she looked around, seeing the many people walking the same pathways (either coming or going) as them but not really paying the couple any mind – they were just customers/visitors like the rest of them. People enjoying the day at the site. The platinum-blonde released a sigh. “I’ve had a lot on my mind.”

“I know.” Deanna smiled. “And I haven’t really been helping in that field.”
“Don’t go there.” Selena warned.
Deanna shrugged. “Least I can say I have the worst record in SCW history, right?”

“Debatable.” Selena stated. “At worst, you might tie some people.” The off-handed joke was quickly followed by her tone being serious again. “I haven’t thought about that because I don’t blame you.”

The redhead gave a shrug. “But isn’t this what you expect from me?” she asked. “We’re together.” She stated, lowering her hand from Selena’s cheek back to grasping her hand. “I’m supposed to get you to the World title, aren’t I?”

Exhaling through her nose, Selena shook her head. “Yeah, over time…” her voice trailed off, her eyes lowered to her held hand as she gave a sigh. “This whole thing has put so much pressure on both of us.” She stated. “I can’t stop thinking of the last few weeks now and how we’ve been played every single time. Outsmarted, outwrestled, flat out beaten down… and I’ve been thinking… maybe we aren’t ready for this. Maybe it was too much, too soon?”

Part of her was expecting a vehement denial of such a statement. A refusal of the notion’s very existence. But when Deanna gave a quiet sigh of her own and nodded her head, that part of Selena died instantly.

“I know how you feel.” The younger woman spoke quietly slowly. “But that’s why we needed this.” She prompted. “We need to reset. Clearly something isn’t clicking and we’re missing something in all of this. So…” Lifting Selena’s hand, Deanna’s soft lips brushed against the skin, kissing the knuckles ever so sweetly. “No more work, today. Just enjoy the time together with me and with our children and-“

“Mom! Mommy!”
“Speaking of which!” Deanna laughed out.

The voice turned out to be just a ways down the path from them – still within sight of the Frost wives, gaining both women’s attention, and a few from the passerby gallery. The yeller wore a bright red ‘Spider-Man’ t-shirt, making him easy to spot. Beside him, keeping an eye on him, were two people. First was an older woman who stuck with a light-pink long-sleeve and black pants, contrasting her white and gray hair, pushing a now empty, sturdy baby stroller, and the other was the nine year old wearing a dark purple t-shirt and sky-blue gloves the nearly reached her elbows. In the latter’s hands, the two-year old girl waved and pointed to the object of the young, shouting boy’s jubilations. “Mom! Mommy! Come see this!” the boy exclaimed.

Their troubles temporarily forgotten in favour of taking Deanna’s advice, the two women, with dog, keeping the other’s hand held, made the necessary steps to join the rest of their family: Their daughters, Elsianna and Amiliah, Gerda, their dear friend practically grandmother to the children, and their son, David, whose excitement was not uncommon at this point.

Actually, to be honest, it had been David’s idea for them to come to this place – the wildlife park, whose name Selena did not even want to try and pronounce as it had more letters in its first name then she did in her entire name! The young David loved this place ever since Selena had found it and taken the children and Gerda last year. Why not? It was a fifteen-minute drive from the castle and it was affordable and a fun, little outing…

Anyway, it had been David’s idea to go this time, quite possibly the last time, before they all moved back home to Manhattan. Mom hasn’t seen it yet! he had declared, referring to Deanna, and he had a point. Aside from small outings in Oberwesel, Deanna had been too busy packing and travelling with Selena to really enjoy anything of the town or the ones surrounding it. And while this, normally, hadn’t bothered Deanna, the events of Breakdown, and the subsequent ones ever since her wife had been named the number one contender, had played on her mind as much as it had Selena, prompting for an immediate ‘distraction’ of sorts.

With her free hand, Selena adjusted the large, brimmed purple hat that covered her head as the two women finally caught up to the rest of the Frost family. “Find something, David?”

“He says he saw a wolf.” Gerda pointed out, smiling at the family members. “But I think you frightened him away.”
“No!” David exclaimed, pointing out based the enclosure barriers to the fields that made up the ‘animal zones’ of the park. “Wolves don’t get scared! He’s just getting his buddies beyond that hill! I saw him go there.”

The group watched the hill for a moment, everyone remaining silent, even a few other visitors of the park joining them to see what the focus was about. But as the minutes ticked away, there was no sign of the wolf David claimed to see.

“I saw him!” David urged. “You saw him too, Elsa!”
“I caught a glimpse of him.” Elsianna nodded as she cradled the young Amiliah in her arms, the two-year old nodding her head.
“Go bye-bye!” Ami replied, pointing towards the hill, prompting a smile from Selena, who took the child’s little hand with her fingers.

“Yes, it did, Ami. The wolf ‘went bye-bye’ but he’ll be back at some point.” She turned her head to David. “You know, son…” she smiled. “I use to live in a place where I would see wolves every day. I even had one as a pet.”

The boy’s eyes went wide, his mouth hanging open, almost as if her mother had told her that she was secretly a superhero. “You had a wolf pet?” he asked with a mixture of disbelief and child-like awe!

“Yep.” Selena grinned, freeing her hand from Amiliah to ruffle the boys shaggy, white-brown hair. “She actually lived in the woods like the ones here do. She’d visit me and I’d feed her and everything. Whenever I went on hikes, she’d sometimes find me-“

“CAN I HAVE A WOLF PET?!” The request from the wide-eyed boy was almost pleading, causing Selena to almost regret her sharing of her past with him. But really, what did she expect? Casting her eyes up, she could see, behind David, Deanna with her arms crossed, quietly laughing up a storm.

“Don’t look at me!” She spoke in between laughs. “You got yourself into this mess, wolf-tamer!”

Her mouth still open, Selena returned her attention to her earnest son, who had not moved from his stare-down plea. “David…” she was interrupted by the white fluff ball that was suddenly between her and David, demanding attention from the boy, whom he almost matched in height, with soft, high-pitched whines.

“Obi!” Selena exclaimed. “You have Oberon, David. He’s part wolf, you know?”
“He is?” David looked at the Siberian husky.
“He is?” Deanna asked, though in a far more amusing and less believing manner.
“Actually, yes.” Selena answered with a smile, giving a look to both David and Deanna. “Dorian told me when he sold him to me. He’s one quarter wolf.”
“What’s that mean?” the boy asked as he petted the dog’s muzzle, Oberon’s tail swishing left to right excitedly and receiving his desired attention. The big suck… Selena thought with an amused smile.

“Well…” Selena started, able to look at David’s face straight on from her kneeled position. “Do you know how I’m your mother?”
“Yeah.”
“And do you get that, like you, I had a mother?”
“Okay?” David asked, unsure of where his mother was going with this.
“Well, guess what? Like us, Oberon had a mother. And that dog had a mother. And if we go far enough back like that, we’ll find out that one of Oberon’s great-grandmothers was actually a true, full-blooded wolf like the one you saw. So… like how you’re a Frost from your family, Obi here is part wolf from his.”

Now, the four-year old may not have understood every word Selena had said in that explanation, but hearing the last phrase ‘part wolf’ from his mother, the boy’s eyes grew large, turning his attention to the white husky. “You’re a wolf, Obi?!” he asked, almost in disbelief.

The wolf merely looked at him and opening his mouth to pant a little, as if to say ‘Sure. Why not?’. Apparently, that’s how David took it as he grinned widely. “I own a wolf! I own a wolf!” he cried out, taking the leash from Deanna. His excitement caught Oberon, who barked happily as he moved around David, though Selena was sure he had no idea what was going on to prompt his master’s excitement.

“Easy, son.” Selena prompted with a slightly firmer tone. “Remember, we’re not at the castle. You need to behave yourself.”

Quickly, the boy was quiet, nodding his head. “Yes, mother.” He stated before lifting his head up. Again, however, his eyes went wide. “Ben!” he called out, recognizing the boy that stood just a ways further down the path. Hearing his name, the lad, maybe a head taller than David, turned around and jilted his head at him in some kind of upward nod. He was standing with a couple, whom Selena surmised were the boy’s parents. David, meanwhile, keeping his hand on Oberon’s leash, had rushed over to him, Selena just able to make out David’s words of “Guess what? Obi’s a wolf!”

Turning her hatted head, Selena pushed herself to her feet, her legs whining all the way back up to full height, to stand beside Deanna once more.

“I’m guessing one of his friends at school?” the redhead asked, turning to cast a gaze at the trio of new people.
“I guess.” Selena shrugged. “He doesn’t bring any of them to the castle, and I don’t recognize the parents-“

She stopped as her eyes settled on the aforementioned adults. While the other adults/visitors of the large wildlife park had barely paid any mind to the Frost family other than simple greetings and other pleasantries as they passed by, the parents of Ben – well… there was no way that the angry stares the two sent Selena and Deanna’s way could be misconstrued as ‘pleasant’. To Selena, they appeared to want to say something about David being near their son, but were choosing to hold their tongues for now.

“What the hell are those looks about?” Deanna asked, leaning closer to whisper the words to her wife.
“No idea.” Selena whispered back. “Maybe they have a problem with lesbians.” She simply shrugged – it was a reasonable thought and something both she and Deanna were used to. “Long as they don’t upset David, I don’t really care.”

“Yeah…” Deanna nodded. “Still…that’s an awful lot of stink-eye.” She added, forcing herself to look away and ignore the staring adults.

“Everyone is different.” Selena stated as the remainder of their group moved on. It had seemed that David had taken the lead for them, as it were, as he followed Ben and Ben’s parents, with Oberon in tow, the boy and dog running back and forth every once in awhile between the Frosts and Ben’s family to share what he saw in the other exhibits ahead.

As for Selena, the next two hours of walking were slightly harsher on her than she cared to admit. From the hills to different parts of the park enclosure, to sometimes running to keep David in her sights as he hung out with Ben, if the Snow Queen did not regret the extra workout to try and ignore the thoughts brewing in her head regarding SCW, she was certainly regretting it now.

“Ahhh…” she half-laughed, half-groaned as she sat in Amiliah’s large baby stroller, being pushed down the pathway by a very competent Deanna. “Thanks, pet.” Selena teased, sticking her tongue out a little at the cute redhead. “I feel like-“ she caught herself but Deanna was quicker.
“Like royalty, Snow Queen?” It was Deanna’s turn to stick her tongue out at Selena as she pushed the large stroller.

Strolled into that one, didn’t I?”
“BOO!” Deanna threw back before ducking down under her Selena’s purple hat to kiss her wife’s cheek. “Serves you right, though.” She taunted with a whisper.

To that, Selena could only nod her head as her ‘carriage’ continued to move along the pathway, the sound of the hard tires rolling on the concrete of the walkway filling the Snow Queen’s ears.

She knew Deanna was right. She knew throwing herself into more training and working out simply to drown her doubts wasn’t going to get her anywhere. But still, it didn’t make sense to the platinum-blonde! Not just her earlier doubts about the standard of SCW and her place within it, but also just how bad the last few weeks had been!

What the hell were they doing wrong?! The tactics Asher, Holly, and even Cid had employed were not new! Hell if Selena closed her eyes, she could imagine Syren and Infamous performing such tactics, or even Bree – she stopped herself from going there – the less she thought of that woman, the less she had to concern herself with this supposed turnaround that Bree was doing that Selena didn’t believe for a second.

But still, Selena knew that book of ambushes, twisted narratives, cheats and even more ambushes – even without Deanna with her – she knew how to deal with it mostly. She had done so for years! People like Christy or Syren with Infamous, Xander with Artemis, Giovanni with his Wonderland cronies, Kennedy with Dylan Howell, and so on and so on – Hell, their high numbers of existence was what was making her question her ‘direction’ in SCW in the first place! She should have known the kind of tricks and stunts A/C and Holly would pull, especially when they weren’t even in the same league as masterminds like CHBK and Ravyn Taylor…

Yet, she had failed three times over.

What is wrong with me? She asked, her eyes gazing down at the ground to watch the panels of sidewalk ‘roll’ past her. It was the only possible explanation she could give herself. Something was throwing her off. Something was distracting her and she wasn’t able, in that moment, to pinpoint what.

But she was able to pinpoint the yells that suddenly filled her ears, her eyes darting towards the source of the sound to see Ben grappling with her son, David, throwing him to the ground, the boy tumbling a few rolls over. Oberon, meanwhile, seeing his master (one of them) was in danger, was already growling and jumping, trying to do something!

David is hurt…
Ben is hurting my son…
Oberon might attack…
The people might hurt them both…

In the span of a second, these and so many thoughts whizzed through Selena’s head, prompting the Snow Queen to practically launch herself out of the stroller, her hat immediately flying off her head as she sprinted down the pathway towards her son. David, meanwhile, had pulled himself to his feet and suddenly had thrown a punch – a fucking punch! – within the blink of an eye! The taller boy, Ben’s, head snapped to the side and he almost fell to the ground.

It was enough for Ben’s father, cursing in German (Selena didn’t have to be fluent to know what yelling was – the tone was universal). The larger man, a good six inches taller than Selena, quickly grabbed Ben, pushing him out of the way towards the boy’s mother before reaching out and grabbing David by his small arm, the Snow Queen able to see the absolute terror in David’s face.

“GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY SON!” Selena yelled as fiercely as she could, throwing all of her ‘Snow Queen persona’ forward to try and intimidate the larger man. Whether he was intimidated or just surprised by the loud yell so close by, the man backed away from David, allowing Selena to slide in-between them, gather the little boy up, and back several feet away from the parent as Deanna caught up with her, having only been a few feet behind Selena. She took David from Selena, holding the boy as Selena checked him over. He had a few marks on him (though he merely looked like he may have just fallen off his bike or something) and he was crying a little, but other than that, there wasn’t anything too worrisome. – Selena breathed a sigh of relief.

“David.” She spoke curtly, her tone in full ‘mother-authority’ mode. “You tell me what happened this instant!”

The boy looked up at his mother, trying to talk amidst the slight crying. “He started it!” he exclaimed. “He said Oberon was a stupid dog and that his was better!”
“That isn’t a reason to punch him!” Deanna chimed in.
“He started it!” David tried, pointing towards the trio of people that were also involved in this. “He shoved me and threw me to the ground-“

“SIE! HALLO!” came the booming voice behind them, the two Frost women turning quickly to see the large man who had grabbed David stomping up to them, an absolute rage in his eyes. “Was zur Hölle denkst du, hat dein Kind gemacht?!”

“I…I’m sorry…” Deanna tried gently, trying to calm the gentleman. “We can’t – please speak English if you can.”

“Wer zum Teufel glaubst du, dass du dein Kind meinen Sohn angreifen lässt?!” The man continued to yell, waving his hands in front of the Frost women – his tone obviously condescending.

“HEY!” Selena’s voice rose up again. “We don’t speak German, sir. Kein Deutsch sprechen!” she added, using one of the few phrases she knew – a literal ‘No speak German’. “English, please.”

Rather than adhere, the man merely continued to curse and swear at the two women, neither having a clue what he was saying. Each time one of them calmly tried to speak, with such promises as they would discipline David, apologies for the boy’s part, etc, they were met with nothing but more the same strings of curses. Casting one last look at each other, the two women merely shrugged and began walking away. This, however, only seemed to infuriate the man, as Selena suddenly felt herself being yanked back around by the shoulder, once more staring down the man she only knew as ‘Ben’s father’.

“Geh nicht von mir weg, Schlampe! Ich spreche mit dir!”

“HEY!”

The voice didn’t come from Selena or Deanna or even David – to the shock of all them, it came from someone nearby, as Elsianna gently handed the small Amiliah to Gerda, the almost ten-year-old marching right up to the large man. Sensing the absence of her older sister, Amiliah’s cries began to develop, Gerda trying to calm the two-year old, as Elsianna stopped in front of the brute.

“Nennen Sie meine Mutter nicht so! Sie verstehen mich?!” she barked back – as much as a nine year old could to an adult.

“Halte dich da raus, Göre!” the man’s tone seemed to alter to a warning, but the smaller child refused to step down.

“Nein, werde ich nicht! Ihr Sohn Ben ist ein Tyrann! Ich habe ihn in der Schule gesehen, wie er sich mit anderen streitet! Er bekam, was er verdiente! Also lass meine Familie in Ruhe!”

The father’s eyes narrowed before turning his head towards Selena and Deanna, the latter still holding David firmly in her arms. Holy hell… Selena thought, quite sure her wife was thinking the same thing. Our nine-year old baby knows German…

“Lässt du dein Kind für dich reden, Deiche?” The father barked at the Frost wives, regaining their attention. “Deine Gefängnishurenfrau wäre besser als diese Göre!!”

“English!” barked Selena.
“Selena…” Deanna stopped her, using her free hand to grasp her hand. “He just called us, ‘dykes’... and me…” Deanna stopped shaking her head. While the first insult didn’t seem to get her, there was something else said that seemed to shake her.

“What?” Selena asked, stealing a glance towards Deanna.
“That...Nothing…” Deanna shook her head.
“Not nothing.” Selena barked. “What did he say about you?”

For a moment, Deanna glanced at Selena before sighing. “It’s something I heard a lot in Frankfurt. Deiche was ‘dykes’ and… Gefängnishurenfrau…”
“What does it mean?” Selena asked, her tone dropping into the frigid zone as she witnessed her wife’s discomfort grow.
“Roughly translated?” Deanna tried, wincing a little.
“In English, Deanna.” Warned Selena.
“Prison-whore.”

“Oh hell no.” The angry mutter came under Selena’s breath as she marched the few steps to stand beside her oldest daughter, her eyes now locked on the taller brute before her.

“Elsianna.” Selena ordered in a cold calm. “Translate this for me, please: Tell him that if he doesn’t back off from my daughter… I will kick his damn head off.” She threw in a sharp smile at him for good measure.

Out of the corner of her eyes, the Snow Queen saw her eldest’s eyes go wide. “Uh…mother…am I allowed…”
“This time, you can say ‘damn’.” Selena added, never breaking her gaze.
Immediately, Elsianna launched into translation. “Meine Mutter sagte, wenn du nicht von mir wegkommst, wird sie dir den verdammten Kopf abschlagen.”

The man gave no reply, merely turning his attention from Selena to Elsianna and then back onto Selena, his shoulders, arms and fists tightening as if he was ready to swing a punch of his own. Immediately, Selena pushed her daughter behind her, standing as a guard between the child and the larger being.

“Excuse me!”. Thankfully, this next interjection was in English, Selena turning her head to see the uniformed security and staff making their way over to them, the platinum-blonde at this point, noticing the small crowd of people that their commotion had gathered. Immediately, the father backed off a few steps as the guards reached them. The security started with him, speaking in German before turning their attention to Selena.

“Sorry, but before you start.” She quickly spoke, her nerves still raw, but her tone back to normal. “Can either of you speak English for me, please?”
“Of course we can.” Said the shorter of the two guards, a young man appearing in his 20s with reddish-copper hair and a solid build. “This man said your son punched his son.”

“Yes.” Selena sighed. “Apparently there was some kind of argument and his son, Ben, my son and him are students at the same school - he threw my son to the ground. My son got up and punched him in the face. That’s what I saw.”

“That true?” The officer asked the father, who shook his head.
“No. She’s lying.”
“Wait!” Selena barked. “You could speak English the whole time?”

The man ignored her, causing the Snow Queen to roll her eyes and bite her lower tip. “Oh you are a real…” she stopped herself, recalling her daughter being behind her. The father, meanwhile, once more spoke in German to the officers. While he did, however, Elsianna’s voice suddenly rang out.

“Er packte meinen kleinen Bruder!”

The two guards turned to look at Elsianna, surprise on their faces.
“Elsa, what did you tell them?” Selena asked.

“I told them that he grabbed David.” Her adrenaline was clearly gone, the young girl was back to being her quiet self, though clearly as shocked as someone her age would be in this predicament. Her statement seemed to launch a whole new slew of questions from the guards, for they spoke faster and with far more tones than previously. Selena supposed he was the bigger issue in regards to appearances. He was the tall broad person cursing up a storm in front of a smaller woman and her daughter, after all.

Slowly, she ushered Elsianna back to the group, Deanna taking the young girl’s hand as soon as she was in reach. “Can we go?” she asked.
“I’m not sure.” Selena sighed. “How is David?”
“I’m fine.” David tried, but earned a cold glare from Selena for his efforts.
“You are in trouble, mister.” Selena warned.
“Wha- why?!” David looked shocked. “He started it-“
“David!” Deanna warned, her tone as harsh and cold as her wife’s. “We will discuss this when we get back to the castle.”

“Which I recommend that happening now.” The voice came from the young security guard as he approached them. “I’m afraid management staff has asked us to escort you from the wildlife park for the day.”

“Ye-yes.” Selena nodded. “Of course, sir. Are there… any issues from him?” she pointed to the father who was still eyeing her.” Seeing her do so, however, he threw out one last string of words, unintelligible to the platinum-blonde.

“Raus aus Oberwesel! Wir wollen deinen perversen Dreck nicht! Noch besser –“ he stopped, standing taller than the security guard that was watching him and trying, in vain, to stop his tirade. “Geh zurück ins Gefängnis, wo ihr beide hingehört! Dann wird alles richtig gemacht!”

“Please, just go.” The security guard prompted, almost pleading, to which the Frost family didn’t need to be told twice. The group was soon moving back the path they had walked towards the park exit.

“Unpleasant.” Deanna shook her head. “He just ruined out reservation with the otters and their trainer.”
“Yeah.” Selena sighed, rubbing her head. “David?” she turned her attention back to her son. “Did you know he was a bully like Elsianna did?”
“No.” David shook his head. “He’s in a grade higher than me and usually we didn’t… I just wanted to show him how cool Oberon is.”

For a moment, as Selena and Deanna shared a glance, the pair contemplated how to deal with their son’s actions. The last thing they wanted was to see him throw a tantrum on the way out – perhaps on the way back to the castle…

For the Snow Queen, she simply gestured with her head to Deanna. Her wife could deal with the punishment on this, Selena would stand by her on whatever she chose. For her, though, the wrestler turned her head to notice her oldest daughter a little behind the others, though not enough to annoy the security guard following them to ensure their departure. Carefully, the pain in her legs ignored long ago thanks to this little fiasco, Selena drifted back to allow Elsianna to walk with her.

“What is it, snowflake?” Selena asked as she caught Elsianna looking back.
The young girl’s head snapped back to regard her mother. “Sorry, mother.” She stated. “I didn’t mean to fall behind.” She paused her speaking for a moment. “And I’m sorry I yelled at that man and lost my temper…”

The older woman gave a nod. “Elsianna…” she started. “I want you to know that I’m very proud of you.” She tried. “For standing up for your family like that.”
“You are?!” the young girl looked up at her mother in surprise, no doubt expecting a punishment as David was set to receive. “I was afraid you’d get angry at me…”

“I…” Selena thought about it for a moment. “I want you to be careful. You’re at the age to know that you need to choose your battles carefully. But that said.” She knew she was going to confuse her daughter in saying this, but Selena knew she had to. “You can’t…” she tried to find the words. “I don’t want you going through life feeling like you have to turn a blind eye to someone in trouble or someone doing bad things.”

The child, clearly, didn’t quite understand, but she nodded her head anyways, which was enough for the platinum-blonde for now. “…. And your German is amazing!” she quickly changed subjects. “I hope you’ll keep studying it when we get back to Manhattan.” Selena added with a smile as she patted her daughter’s shoulder.

The child gave a nod. “I…I can’t wait for that.” She simply said.
“Your mother and I feel the same way.” Selena started. “But…why is that? Are you homesick?”

To her surprise, the girl shyly shook her head before answering Selena. “I’m just… all these people calling you and mom names and saying things like that…”

Selena’s eyes widened a little bit, her step slowing minutely. “You understood even those big German words?”
Deanna nodded her head. “People in my classes and the older ones know about you – some know about mom. So… they said stuff like that…” she gestured with her head back towards where they had come from.

“I… I see.” Selena sighed, running a hand through her hair. “I didn’t know that.”
“I try to ignore it.” Elsianna admitted. “Because it’s not true.”
“Of course it’s not true.” Selena prompted. “None of it is. Some people are just very…” she stopped herself. She didn’t have to finish that thought. The gloves on Elsianna’s hands were proof enough at the cruelty of some people – especially those that thought themselves untouchable or superior to others.

“Elsianna…” Selena tried, casting a glance behind her. “What was the last thing that man said before we walked away?”
“Uh…” the white-haired girl tried to recall. “He said that we don’t belong in Oberwesel and we should all go back to prison. Then things will finally be made right…”

Then things will finally be made right…

The phrase echoed in Selena’s mind, dragging with it the memory she had shut away as best she could for close to two months. Her head snapped back towards where the confrontation had been, but the man was long gone, as was any trace of what had transpired. And yet, those words echoed in her brain.

The same words she had heard before from that damn phone call. The same words from the person responsible for all that she and her family had suffered through for nearly two years. The same words that had also swore that things were not over – that once Selena was, once again, in her happiest place… everything would be taken from her.

Her children.
Her wife.
Her career.
Her life.

Gone as soon as she was ‘at her happiest’…

I want you to be happy. I want you to go and become World Champion like you said. Hell, go and headline Rise to Greatness. Go and move back to your ‘forever house’. I want you to reach a point of normalcy and genuine happiness with Deanna… Then… then… I’ll be there to take it all away.

She said nothing after that. Nothing when the family had returned to the car. Nothing when Deanna had given out David’s punishment – something about writing lines on paper many times to learn his lesson. Nothing when Deanna had asked her what was wrong and nothing at dinner when they had returned to the castle.

She couldn’t say anything, because she couldn’t think of anything… All that went through her mind were those promises… promises that damned her to be the failure Cid, Asher, and Holly were painting her as….

Instead of words, she simply kissed her wife before excusing herself from dinner, leaving the dining room to change and do the only thing she could now…

Drown her thoughts in the gym…
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]

Messages In This Thread
Selena Frost vs. Cid Turner - by supremecw - 05-31-2021, 01:27 PM
RE: Selena Frost vs. Cid Turner - by Cid - 06-09-2021, 01:41 AM
RE: Selena Frost vs. Cid Turner - by Cid - 06-11-2021, 10:06 AM
RE: Selena Frost vs. Cid Turner - by SnowQueenSCW - 06-11-2021, 06:23 PM
RE: Selena Frost vs. Cid Turner - by SnowQueenSCW - 06-11-2021, 06:24 PM
RE: Selena Frost vs. Cid Turner - by SnowQueenSCW - 06-12-2021, 08:47 PM
RE: Selena Frost vs. Cid Turner - by SnowQueenSCW - 06-12-2021, 08:49 PM