Marie Caedes vs. Derek Adonis
The scene rises up outside of the former KABLAM Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas, Nevada, now transformed into a media centre for it’s owner and proprietor, Derek Adonis. As he paces erratically, wondering just what to say as words escape him, he sighs. 

“I feel as though I must cleanse my soul, for I have become a victim of a great and terrible slander.”

Derek’s blood pressure begins to raise. 

“Marie Caedes… I feel as though some being owes you an apology, because the information you have received is erroneous and, frankly, out of date. Yes, I was once the man you described. Yes, I believed my sexual conquests were paramount to my life. I was a womanizer. I was a man whom, in this day and age of “cancel culture” and “me too”, would have been ripe for the picking. And perhaps it is through no small amount of luck that I managed to emerge from those dark times relatively unscathed. But I do not believe it was luck at all… OH NO! I believe I was saved by a higher power to serve a higher purpose! I believe I was spared by the LAWRD almighty because He needed someone like me to form with his hand, to caress, shape, and ultimately lead to a higher calling. A pure calling.”

Adonis forms the sign of the cross and clasps his hands together. Looking to the heavens, he utters a prayer…

“Lawrd, forgive Marie for her transgression and ignorance. Forgive her for attempts to undo Your good work through me. Forgive her for her hubris. Forgive her for her arrogance. And most of all, forgive her because I simply cannot.”

He unclasps his hands, setting them down atop the podium. As he does this, his eyes raise to the camera, and he speaks with an unheard, almost angry tone - very unlike the Derek Adonis of old. 

“Marie, I understand more than anyone that forgiveness cannot be complete unless the transgressor wishes it. I had transgressed against a lot of individuals in my time, and I have sought the forgiveness of every one of them. But that does not mean that you are permitted to slander my name and ignore the work that I had done since then! Lying is a SIN, Marie… damnable if not addressed! And so I give you an opportunity at Apocalypse to REPENT from your sinful ways. To EMBRACE the Lawrd in all his glory! And… failing that… to receive an appropriate PENANCE! HALLELUIAH! HE IS GREAT!”
[Image: vJXLyBV.png]

Messages In This Thread
Marie Caedes vs. Derek Adonis - by Konrad Raab - 09-19-2021, 03:31 PM
RE: Marie Caedes vs. Derek Adonis - by Star - 09-25-2021, 11:00 PM
RE: Marie Caedes vs. Derek Adonis - by Corner G - 09-25-2021, 11:24 PM