"The Devil Incarnate" Kevin Hunter vs. "Bam Bam" David Striker
2 RP Limit for singles

No word limits in play

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Saturday, January 20, 2024
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
{The screen flickers to life and we find ourselves once more within the confines of the "Apocalypse Academy" wrestling school in Newport North Carolina. There are no classes scheduled for this day but nonetheless we find someone hard at work within the training area, we hear the sound of something being ratcheted then some clicking and then some more before we see the source of the noise as it moves into sight as none other than David Striker who is dressed in a simple pair of faded blue jeans with an orange and blue DBZ "Turtle School" tank top which leaves his arms uncovered and bare as he walks around one of the training rings, fixing and adjusting parts of it as goes, but he stops for a moment and glances at the camera}

David: I know that it doesn't seem like it but sometimes it does help to go back to the basics. When I first got started in this industry here at the Academy, everyone learned how to set up and take down one of these rings until your knuckles bled and your bones ached...all the while listening to the stories of the more experienced ring crews as they taught us how to do it and if you could get past your own internal thoughts and ego...you could listen and learn from the experiences because at times those very same ring crews were also composed of several wrestlers that have come and gone from this industry.

And so just like my brother and sister, I kept my mouth shut and my ears open...soaking up every single bit of knowledge that I could.

And at the very next SCW pay per view, I am going to have to put all of that I have learned to practical use because I'm not just wrestling anybody, I'm going to go toe to toe against perhaps one of the hardest bastards that has ever tied on a pair of wrestling boots in Kevin Hunter.

The "Devil Incarnate" himself.

{David sets the wrench that he been using to make the adjustments to the ring aside and dusts his hands off the sides of his thighs before giving the camera a curious look}

David: I want to tell you a little story, Kevin. A couple of years ago when I was trying to find myself under a different name, I got embroiled in a war with a faction called the Dominion, namely one guy in particular by the name of the "Fire Fist Ace" Alex Pierce, and we had a mini war in Pro Wrestling Nova...it was short, but very bloody, Kevin. And in the end, we decided that Pro Wrestling Nova wasn't big enough for the both of us so we both put our careers on the line...but he went one step further in that he put everything that was his on the line because he was so sure that he could snuff the young flame of my career out before it could blaze into something greater.

Needless to say that after a fifty minute war, I came out on top with the future of my career *intact* and everything that made his career his now mine.

But out of all the things that he had, I took a moniker of his that he loved the most...I took his nickname of "Bam Bam" and made it *mine*, and yes...people love to insult me for it and make all kinds of childish things or they reference some cartoon from the fifties or sixties in the Flintstones, but I earned that by proving that I wasn't some kind of bloody push over in that ring.

And that is the very same fire that I'm bringing to our match, Kevin.

You see, I'm not walking into this match with you half-blind with respect of your accomplishments, which I know from what my brother has told me is quite impressive mind you, but for *one* night and *one* match you're not getting an opponent who is fawning over how great it is to take on such an august opponent like you, Kevin.

{David shakes his head slowly with a confident look on his face}

David: No, while it might cost me everything this early into my time here in Supreme Championship Wrestling, I'm going to throw caution to the wind and just let you fucking have it with both bloody barrels and we'll see who comes out in the end with the victory...which will be mine in the end, and that's not arrogance or ego talking there but a level of confidence I'm sure that you'll no doubt liken to that of either a fool or "a rookie's foolish bravado", Kevin.

Or maybe you won't and you'll see it for what it is.

Actual confidence in one's skills.

{David then stops smiling and he motions around the wrestling school that he's currently in}

David: And I have not been wasting my time either as I have been here, training and preparing for our match. Looking forward to test my mettle against someone with your pedigree, and while I'm going into this match not fawning over you and all the shit that you've done, nor am I going to simply wave it off as unimportant because I also know that at any given moment you could simply end the match in a heartbeat which makes me only want this match to happen sooner more than anything and I don't want a victory over you for the glitz and glam and the glory of being able to say that I've beaten you once because doing it once will be easy...doing it twice is a whole different matter and that is something that I've learned the hard way after fighting against people like Stephanie Matsuda, Alex Pierce, Nobi, and Chris Sabertooth.

No, I'm going to beat you and I'm going to do it purely with the strength in my own two arms. No cheating, backstabbing, rules-breaking, or anything like that...pure skill on skill, and I'm going to once again show why I'm all about *earning* everything that I gain here in SCW. And I'm not going to use a win over you as a stepping stone to higher things in my career, but I'm going to use my victory over you to shut the fucking mouths of every single doubter here in this company that I can't hang with them, not because I just beat you...but because I could *HANG* with you in a match.

At the pay per view, I'm going to look the Devil right in the eyes...and I'm going to make Him *BLINK* weather he wants to or not.

{David gives the camera one last nod as the smile returns to his face}

David: Believe if I can hang with you in a match or not, Kevin, that's on you. But even supposed wrestling gods like you will come to understand that I only need that one shot to change the world.

See you at the dance, bossman.

{David then nods to the camera before reaching over and picking up the wrench before turning away from the camera and walking off, whistling a familiar tune as he goes, the screen fading to black as he goes}