For an SCW World Tag Team Championship opportunity
Team Desire | "Rift in Mediation"

The morning comes and lying in her bed with her covers pulled up over her. Katie having somewhat of a pleasant night sleep. Everything in the past few weeks for her and Gigi has been flipped upside down on their heads. The SCW Tag Team division shifting around on them really knocked out their sync with one another. Katie can’t seem to stop them from tumbling down the mountain.

Katie’s phone on her nightstand begins to ring. Katie’s arm reaches out from underneath the blanket to find the phone. She blindly places her hand on the stand a few times trying to find it. She grabs the phone and pulls it under the blanket and answers it. Already knowing who is calling her.

“TJ. I’m sorry, ok. We didn’t mean to leave you behind like that, but seriously we really need to work on your cardio.” Katie nods her head knowing that she is right, of course. If only TJ were to put in a little more effort on their training sessions, maybe he could’ve got away with them. Katie listens in on the call awaiting a response. Except it wasn’t TJ that answered her.

“Katie.” The voice of her agent, Ms. Harriet Specter is heard on the phone. “I’m happy I got through to you. I was just calling to check in and make sure you got the package that was sent over to you.”

Katie springs up from the bed. The blanket falls off her face and her hair is a mess with the bedhead. “Ms. Specter. I wasn’t expecting to hear from you. I’ve been kind of busy with SCW business lately.” Katie gets out of the bed and slips on her slippers. She sprinted out of the room in her pink silk pajamas.

“So I’ve heard. Something of a quest to fulfill.”

Katie holds her phone to her ear as she rushes down her stairs and into her office.

“Did you check your mail yet?”

Katie grabs the piled up mail on her desk. “I’m there now. I’m sorry, TJ isn’t here right now so things were kind of backed up, but I got it.”

“Ok, that’s great. There should be a package in there from the agency.” Katie finds the package and holds it in her hand. She listens to Ms. Specter. “It's something I think might be a good fit for you. To branch out.”

“Ok.” Katie grabs a pair of scissors to open the package. Though as goes to open it, she stops. “Wait, is this safe? The last package I got could’ve been very dangerous.”

“It should be completely safe.”

Katie nods, hearing from Ms. Specter that things are safe. Katie slices open the package with the scissor and takes out a book. Katie gets a bit excited for her next script to study for. Of course she’s going to nail the audition.

“Rift in Time. Is this a science fiction script?” Katie asks as she checks out the thick book in her hands.

“It’s not a script. It’s a book. Some news going around that it's rumored to be in a bidding war for the next big blockbuster. I was thinking that this might be a good opportunity for you so I sent you over the book to read.” Ms. Specter tells Katie while she flips through the pages of the book.

“Alright, I can do that.”

Katie can hear Ms. Specter smiling on the other end of the call. “Great. I’ll call you back later and check on you.”
The call ends and Katie puts her phone down on her desk. She is still checking out the book.

“Rift in Time. When an experimental time-travel device malfunctions, a team of scientists and soldiers find themselves stranded in different periods of history, facing not only the challenge of repairing the device but also the consequences of altering the course of time.”

Katie walks around her desk and sits down in her chair. “It definitely sounds like a Hollywood blockbuster. It would be pretty amazing to be a part of it. I’m sure Ms. Specter will work her magic.” Katie smiles and she looks very excited about the news she just got. “Hm, Science Fiction. TJ must know something about this. He can give me the cliff notes.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Katie skips inside of Steward’s Place restaurant. She heads over to the bar and takes a seat waiting for TJ to show up. She sets her book down. It’s amazing the turn around for Katie since she’s woken up this morning. Feeling things falling apart of her and Gigi and her quest slipping away from. Now suddenly an opportunity for a blockbuster movie. Katie is just a beacon of happiness at this moment.

TJ walks out from the back and Katie catches him. “TJ! I got some amazing news. Ok, I got a call from my agent and I think she’s going to get me…” Katie freezes, catching TJ not looking too happy. Immediately knowing what’s his problem. “Are you still upset about what happened at Breakdown?”

“You left me behind. It is like a code. Leave no man behind.”

“TJ, I had to look out for Gigi. I couldn’t just leave her there in danger.To you know what they would’ve done to her?” Katie tries to reason with him, but it doesn’t work on him.

“Yeah, I do have a very good idea what they would’ve done.”

“I’m sorry. I don’t really know what to say. You know those people are sick and we can’t ever let them get their hands on me outside of the ring. Your sacrifice means a lot.”

“I guess I did do that.”

TJ looks off into the distance thinking about how much of a hero he is. Katie is relieved that she managed to get through to TJ and they’re still good. While Katie doesn’t have her Brats any longer, who knows what would happen to her if she lost TJ.

“So TJ as I was saying, my agent called me and wanted me to read this book.She thinks it’s going to be the next big studio blockbuster.” Katie slips the book over to TJ so he can take a look.

“Rift in Time. I’ve seen it talked about on some message boards. Some people are really hyping it up as the next big thing.” TJ nods.

“So you know it? How is it?” Katie in her casual way tries to get TJ to spill the deeds.

“It’s a pretty good science fiction novel. Really developed quite the fandom for it. You should enjoy it.”

“Ok, but give me a little something here. Who should I be looking out for? Who do you see me as in this story? If Ms. Specter is going to get me into an audition. Surely there is someone perfect in mind?” Katie continues to pry some information out of him.

“I can’t really spoil anything for you. You’ll understand it when you read. No one has a better eye at storytelling than you.” TJ clearly isn’t going to binge on anything. Which only annoys Katie.

“Fine, go ahead and be a geek, TJ. Now I’m not going to tell you what happens.” Katie grabs her book and pulls it away from TJ acting as the brat that she is.

“But, I already read it.”

Katie laughs “Yeah, sure you did.”

Katie gets up from the bar to leave. Her phone buzzes in her pocket. Katie views the message from Gigi wanting to meet some place.

“Well looks like I don’t need you after all. I’m sure Gigi knows all about it.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Katie followed the address to an office building in Los Angeles. She’s on her phone messaging Gigi and finds her in the waiting room of a therapist. Gigi is hanging out with her girls, Maddy and Ash. Katie slows her pace. What is Gigi planning with this? Katie thought they were getting along a lot better.

“Katie. Ok, don’t freak out. This isn’t some ambush type of intervention.” Gigi jumps to her feeting and hopes that Katie doesn’t blow this shit up as she is known to do with things.

“Then what is this?” Katie asks suspiciously.

“It was Ash’s idea.” Gigi deflects the blame.

“Well I was just thinking you two needed something, because it is very exhausting being around both of you.” Ash tries to explain herself.

“Can confirm.” Maddy raises her hand in the air to help back up Ash.

“Ok. So you’re also a little annoyed that we kind of hit a bump in the road to our quest of being the tag team champs.” Katie nods. Very understanding about this situation. She walks over and joins them in the waiting room.
Maddy peeking over and seeing the book in Katie’s hands. “Oh, Rift in Time. That was a pretty good book. I hear they’re making a movie about it.”

“Oh yeah, my agent got me it. I think it has something to do with it. What do you know about the book?” Katie asks Maddy.

“Oh wait till you get to the part with the…”

“Maddy!” Gigi cuts her off.

“Oops sorry, I forgot. Can’t talk about it in front of Ms. Spoiler.” Maddy leans back in her seat.

“Seriously. You were just about to spill it out. Do you think Katie wants people to just tell everything that was to happen in one of her movies?” Gigi scolds Maddy who tries to make her out as the bad guy.

“No.” Maddy and Katie both say it at the same time.

Gigi’s head spins around looking at Katie and Maddy on both sides of her. “Why did both of you answer? No. No one answers that. We’re here to get along.”

A door opens and the doctor steps out calling for Katie and Gigi to step inside for their session.

“Good Afternoon. I’m Dr. Evelyn Mercer. I hear you were looking for a mediator to help work some stuff out. Who would like to start?”

Gigi sits up. “I guess that should be me since I’m the one that booked us. I think I just thought that maybe we needed someone to help us talk things out. Like a referee. Someone to help to keep her under control.”

“What now? “ Katie looking up and around the room. “I thought this wasn’t an ambush.”

“Nobody is ambushing anyone. We’re here to talk. If you want we can move some furniture around too. If you need too.” Ms. Mercer explains.

Katie laughs. “ I like her. She gets us.”

“When did this all start to get really bad between the two of you?” Ms. Mercer asks.

“When she ran away and decided to never return.” Gigi says.

Katie sits there feeling uneasy. She hadn’t forgotten that night when Gigi found her. It was the worst night of her life. Her Brats had found her too. Katie faced a trial and in the end the Brat decided to disband. Leaving Katie feeling alone. What her goal was, but not how she wanted it.

“I hurt people. People I didn’t want to hurt ever again. So I thought me not being around them was best for everyone. Things didn’t not go well.” Katie takes a breath. “Then everyone gave me what I wanted and it felt worse.” Katie explains herself.

“I see.” Ms. Mercer nods.

“But then Gigi and I started to click again.We really pushed forward and things were clicking. It honestly looked like we would be getting the match we wanted. Then things just turned all of a sudden and we lost it. I think that’s what we’re looking for. We need to find that click again.”

“So do we need something to slip in and assault me during a match again?” Gigi asks, not really enjoying the answer that was given.

“No. We just need to focus on the teams weren’t against. There are plenty of terrible people in the tag division that deserve some divine retribution.” Katie explains. “And they absolutely deserve the worst.”

“Well I don’t really see a problem between the two of you. Maybe. You work on this and we’ll come back with a progressive report to see how you did. You have a plan in place. Stick to the plan and let’s just see how it goes.” Ms. Mercer smiles at the Steward girls. She sees she’s getting through to them. “We’ll achieve this dream together.”

“SCW has decided to go with a classic. A Goddess Gauntlet match. Only this time, we’ve got two Goddesses vs. a locker room of some sick depraved people. Some Hooligans. A Rebranding. Finally some Newbies. It’s like I’ve said from the very beginning. Katie Steward being Supreme Champion. Literally puts all previous achievers to shame. When Katie Steward wins. They all lose. And this is just another example of that. Literally having Katie Steward run a gauntlet to earn her shot at the tag team titles. My Goddess, my life is a literal movie. Who would’ve thought? I don’t want to play spoilers. I hear that some people find it really hard. There is a lot who plan on playing that role in this very match. They’ll love it. They can’t stop me. I’m about to have the best year ever. And it’s only April.” Katie says with a smile.

“Six teams. Holy Steward is this a hot mess. Did they all raise their hands at the same time when asked who would like to prevent Team Desire from becoming Tag Team Champions? That’s exactly how Katie pitched the scene earlier. Honestly, I think that is pretty based in reality. The title shot just comes as a second prize to these people. If I learned anything from these people. It’s to never turn your back on them. I’m sure the Cowgirls will pick up on it fairly quickly. Though maybe we can keep some professionalism before they’re corrupted too. Whatever. I guess SCW is asking us to take a leap. Step up against five other teams in one match and earn your chance at fighting and making history. Katie, I know is all for this match. She’s even more hungry to win this match because it’s just more fuel that she can turn and rub it back into the faces of everyone that thinks they can put her down. So Team Desire is going to be taking that leap, and we’re going to war.” Gigi says with black war paint lines under her eyes.
[Image: 3zThvbB.jpg]

OOC: Good luck everyone! Cool to see everyone bring it!
{The screen static jumps to...black. And from somewhere within those twisted neithers, we can hear the familiar voice of the "Ronin" himself-Chris Dumont}

Chris: My father, during his career, was a bastard.

[Image: Splash+Mountain+Powerbomb.gif]

Chris: He was a prodigy who in his debut match because one half of a new promotion's first ever world tag team champions...a title that he held until that promotion folded due to its own bullshit.

[Image: Entrance+with+Title+2.gif]

Chris: But that didn't stop him from having a long and bloody career in the ring. Be it friend, foe, family, lover...he didn't care because in the ring he was recognized as the "One Man Crime Spree" for a reason.

[Image: Rusty+Nail+2.gif]

Chris: And when I came to him and told him that I wanted to become a professional wrestler, he didn't try to argue the point with me or anything like that...but he simply sat me down and gave me a series of lessons with one of the more important ones being one of the most destructive...

[Image: Running+Corner+European+Uppercut+%252B+E...Suplex.gif]

Chris:...truthful...

[Image: European+Uppercut.gif]

Chris: That a father can ever tell his child about the world of combat sports. Something to instill a desire to ever excell and be the best bastard that you can be in that ring, no matter what the cost.

[Image: Ring+Introduction.gif]

{The screen then brightens on the bearded face of the "Ronin", a rather sinister smile on his face}

Chris: Do unto others...and *ENJOY*.

You see, I didn't fully understand that particular rule of my father until after a couple of stupid little *bitches* in the forms of Glory Braddock and Brittany Lohan decided that they wanted to give me a fucking reason to get good and *PISSED* for a match here in Supreme Championship Wrestling, it's like they want someone to not only end their fucking careers, but to do so with a smile on their face...so girls, I love the fact that you decided to come and *BEG* *ME* to end your time here in Supreme Championship Wrestling...but the fact that you had to include my new friends in Aisling and the rest of the girls, well...now I gotta rip out your fucking overies on the principle of the thing because the pure levels of STUPIDITY that you've shown us all, well we can't have your broke ass DNA in the collective gene pool.

Now I get it, I get that the two of you went and got all ultra mega stupid drunk like two college freshmen during spring break just because you lost your titles here in this company, but where in your empty little noggins did you both come up with this stupid ass concept of trying to pick fights with everyone in between you and the very champions that you're wanting to fight?

It's like the both of you are trying to be Detective Greenly in the first Boondock Saints movie at the same fucking time!

{Chris stops and runs a hand through his blonde hair for a moment before shaking his head once more}

Chris: Oh and I just loved how you automatically dismissed me and Marie from even having a chance at earning the spot because that was the exact same shit that was thrown in my father's face when he first signed with the Insane Wrestling Federation, fresh out of training...since he was placed with veteran Chris Morton and they were both strangers together, they didn't have a chance in fucking hell of becoming the first ever IWF World Tag champs, let alone defend them for as long as they did...but not only did they win those straps, but they also held them for the next eleven months.

*MONTHS*!!!

And now here I am, quite possibly going to repeat history in my own way, but only this time with a partner that is just as tremendously talented as myself in the form of the "Phoenix" Marie Jones, someone with an insane drive like mine to go out there and do what we do best, so the odds of the two of us leaving Taking the Leap as your new number one contenders is looking pretty damned good…but I would be remiss if I didn’t say that I wasn’t worried about the girls.

Body, Heart, and Soul have been treated like shit by everyone on this roster in the past. Looked over, called “inferior”, and all that kind of horseshit while they have been fighting their own problems all by their lonesomes and slowly they have been working on themselves and still…and *STILL* everyone treats them shit and views them as worse.

Then *WE* come in.

David sees these girls, sees how they struggle, and it’s that fight for the respect that they are due is what drives the Troupe to back them up, to show them they aren’t alone…and yes, me and the rest of the krew in the Troupe we give Davey-boy shit for him may or may not having feelings for Colleen, but in the end that’s not what’s important because David, he *SEES* something worthy in Colleen,,,he *SEES* something worthy in Aisling….and he *SEES* something worthy in Polly, something that drives him to want to help them and it drives the Troupe as well.

But we Young Punks…we understand how tenuous trust is, myself most especially of all when I heard how deep the concern that Aisling had for me to stay out of this at Taking the Leap, but I can’t stay out of it.

Not after what Braddock and Lohan did on Breakdown by jumping my ass and thinking that it as fucking clever attempt at intimidation when all it fucking did was piss a whole lotta people right the fuck off!!

I don’t want to fight the friends of the Troupe anymore than you two do, Aisling, but sometimes in this industry you have to take the good with the bad and if that means in order to wrap my hands around the throats of Glory and her little fuck-twit running buddy and wrap their jaws around the turnbuckle posts, then I apologize ahead of time and trust me when I say that I didn’t want this to happen either.

{Chris closes both of his eyes and slowly starts to fight to get his emotions back under control, taking a deep breath and slowly letting it out in return before he reopens his eyes and looks at the camera once again}

Chris: Cowgirls from Hell, while you might sound like a bad Pantera tribute band, I won’t deny that the Strader family isn’t worthy of being feared in the ring because members of my family have squared off against the Straders in the past, so you’ll pardon me if I don’t take you girls lightly but understand this…you come between Marie and myself on our way to become the new top contenders to the Seekers or whomever are the tag champs after the pay per view,  then it won’t matter how legendary your parent or parents are because you’ll be joining them firsthand on the shelf permanently because everyone is one step away from encountering the Night Rider and ending with your head spiked through the ring forevermore.

Totally Fucking Nuts, I’ve got nothing to say to the two of you because I’ve already had a hand in tearing you down once and there won’t be any problem with me doing it again. There is no arrogance in my words chosen there, because the reality is that every time that I see the two of you, all that I see are two little lost hitmen unable to figure out where their duffle bag full of severed heads went.

TFN will be a force worthy of their connection to Raab once they can actually prove themselves a truly unified whole like the Troupe…but maybe even then there will be no hope for them.

Team Desire, you certainly have the gall and perhaps the passion…but you lack the very word that makes up one part of your team’s name in that you lack actual *DESIRE*. Anybody can challenge for the right to fight for the championships, but it takes a team with real desire, the kind of desire that lights a fire that roars through every knook and cranny in the narrow lanes of your veins of your body until all that you can desire is the ability to hoist one of those matching ten pounds of gold up and over your head after a hard fought war.

From your more recent promos, Team Desire, all that I’ve seen from you is you are surely capable of phoning it home and nothing else.

Now we come to you two…Braddock and Lohan…

{Chris twists his his neck just enough to op it before he focuses himself on the camera once again}

Chris: Braddock and Lohan, I want the both of you to listen to me and listen very carefully.

You are not leaving the pay per view as the new number one contenders.

If I had things my way, you’d be facing myself and David in a Phantom Troupe rules match. Having your collective hides stripped from you, one layer of bloody skin after layer of bloody skin at a time until there would be nothing left bet the blood soaked remains of two very *STUPID* people who felt that they could send out a message to the front office of a wrestling promotion at the expense of the Phantom Troupe.

But at Taking the Leap, I’m going to be teaming with Marie Jones to try and lay claim to that top contenderships for ourselves and if that means I get to watch with a rather sick and less than adjective homicidal glee…then so be it because when the two of you desired to put your hands on me, a member of the Phantom Troupe, you done and gone the most fucked up dumb shit that you two could’ve ever had done;

You made an enemy of the Troupe.

Sure, right now as you see this and hear my words you’ll both naturally think that your invincible, I mean there is only four members of the Troupe here in SCW right now, and only two fo them are active wrestlers and that means less than shit to fuck to you both…but that’s the problem isn’t?

How many of the krew is actually here in SCW truly?

But in reality that isn’t what you should be worried about, what you should be worried about is just how quickly the two of you are going to get your receipts about your dumb fucking decisions to try and use *me* to make an example for the rest of the locker room that you’re these “big and powerful tag team” when in fact you’re fucking not. The two of you are nothing more that two little lambs being prepared for the slaughter and once the pay per view is over…everyone that you’ve fucked with on their ways to the title contendership match is going to turn their full attentions on to the both of you and then it won’t matter who is the number one contenders because blood will call out for blood and the two of you will have no where to go….and that is where I will be waiting, along with all my freaky brothers and sisters to stomp the two of you into nothing more than twin piles of bloody, chunks…and there will not be anything to stop us because there will be no mercy for the wicked or the stupid.

So, come down to the pay per view….try and impressive everyone with you bullshit thrillbilly bullshit and then, in those last few moments before the end, you’ll realize that for all your attempts to be all big and shit, has only given you the executions that you truly and only deserve.

See you all at the pay per view.

{The screen then cuts abruptly to black}